So we had this very old, very icky stool in the garage for quite some time. And one day I felt sorry for it sitting there in all it's ugliness.
I mean, it was gross!!
So I looked through my cans of paint and found a nice bright white paint that I had used to paint our dining room table and chairs. Then I gathered the tools and supplies that I would need to pretty this thing up. I chose a gray + white chevron to cover the seat, because I'm kind of chevron obsessed.
The top had to be unscrewed from the base. Again, guh-ross!!
Now, I was so excited to get this thing transformed, that I forgot to take photos of the painting process. But, it was very simple. I gave it a light sanding, wiped it down, and then painted it. I should have applied a coat of primer first, because the old, dry wood really soaked up the paint. I think I ended up with about 4 coats of paint.
Oh yeah, I was SO SO anxious to get this project done that I also forgot to photograph the seat covering process. ooops. So, let's just pretend that this is where I insert the photo of me laying the seat on top of the wrong side of the fabric, tracing out about four inches from the edge of the seat onto the fabric (I used a pen), and cutting it.
*******Insert pretend photo********
Okay, then.....I used a layer of batting underneath the chevron fabric, that was just slightly smaller than the fabric. I pulled it tight all around the seat, stapling as I went and easing in the corners, for the least amount of wrinkles.
And then had my hubby screw the newly covered seat back onto the newly painted base.
The seat is securely screwed back onto the base, flipped it back over, and just look at that amazing transformation!
Linking up here: